Wear you sleeveless outfits in style! Veet gives you the confidence to lift your arms without fear of exposing unsightly underarm hair. Choose from the range of Veet waxes and creams for a simple way to achieve your armpit hair removal needs.
Why do we have armpit hair?
Armpit hair is still a feature that many women would rather not embrace. Let’s take a look at the science behind why armpit hair grows. If you search for that answer on the internet you may find a number of influential factors over time:
- Amongst other theories, studies show that over time, armpit hair helped reduce the friction between our arm and body and;
- Also helped with temperature regulation.
As time went on however, and fashions developed, sporting a smooth underarm became a trend associated with femininity and athleticism.
Let’s face it, when it comes to talking about unwanted hair, legs are an area that is talked about quite freely, but sometimes it can be seen as taboo to talk about more private parts of our body, like armpits.
With recent strides for gender-equality at the forefront of many fashion and social media campaigns, it’s no wonder that movements such as #freethenipple and #dyedpits have been trending across the globe.
Underarm skin sensitivity
The underarms can be a sensitive area, which is why we should take care when choosing how to remove hair from this area. Shaving is the most common form of hair-removal. However, if you intend to have hair-free armpits, all day, every day, then shaving mightn’t be the best option for you. Shaving only cuts across the hair, giving short-term results of up to two days.Unfortunately, repeated use of a razor could cause irritation.
How to remove your underarm hair
- A different short-term solution to shaving that you could consider are depilatory creams. For a quick and painless way to achieve smooth, silky underarms, try Veet BodyCurv Hair Removal Cream. This hair removal cream is suitable for sensitive skin, and has a curved applicator, perfect for your pits. However, ensure you do a patch test in case of sensitivity. By dissolving the protein in the hair just below the surface of the skin you are able to wash away the residue and hair easily. Although results may be short-term, they last longer than shaving.
- Waxing is a form of epilation, which means it removes hair from the root. You can have smooth underarms for up to four weeks, pulling out the hair entirely with Veet wax. Choose Veet wax strips for a ready to use solution, or warm wax for longer-lasting, professional results in your own home.
- One great option for underarms is Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On, which comes with a special fixture designed to tackle the curvy contours of your underarms. However your hair needs to be 5mm for it to be able to stick to the wax and be removed properly, which means you may have to grow it a bit first to achieve the best results.
How to achieve perfect underarm hair removal results
It’s also worth keeping these tips in mind to achieve perfect results:
- Before using, patch-test on a small area of your skin which you wish to treat. Follow all the instructions on the leaflet and if there isn’t an adverse reaction within 24 hours you can continue to use the product. Development times for our Hair Removal Creams vary depending on the product variant. Cream for normal and dry skin take 3 to 6 minutes to work, while our Cream for sensitive skin take 5 to 10 minutes. Be sure to follow the pack instructions carefully, making a note of the specific development time.
- If you are using Wax Strips, you can even cut them to size for those harder to reach or more delicate areas.
- Hair grows in two different directions under your arms so remember that you need to apply the product in two different stages for each direction of hair growth.
- No one wants to deal with ingrown hairs! Exfoliate 24 hours before using Veet and wear loose clothing after to help avoid them developing.
- To maintain beautiful underarms and avoid irritation, don’t use scented products (like deodorants), go swimming, sunbath or use a tanning bed for at least 24 hours after hair removal.
Use the Find my Veet tool to discover all the ways to achieve beautifully smooth underarms.
Love your pits!
While attitudes are always changing when it comes to beauty and fashion trends, so too is the range of hair removal products we can choose from. Whether you grow it, dye it, or go for the smooth and silky look, the main thing you need to do is to love you and your body. No matter what you do, love your pits…