When winter hits, the last thing you want to be doing is getting your legs out for an evening of hair removal against the cold shower glass when they are all dry and cracked.
Instead, get out of hibernation mode for a while and moisturise your pins so even if you do have to (unwillingly) get your legs out at some point, you’ll be ready!
The cold weather can be hard on your skin so here are the top five reasons to wax and ensure you keep that healthy glow all year round:
- Before waxing you should exfoliate the skin and remove any dead cells. This will remove the barrier of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface and make moisturising easier, as the moisturiser will be able to penetrate more deeply into the skin.  It is recommended that you moisturise after you have waxed so your skin will quickly feel the benefits.
- Winter is the perfect time to focus on the places people see the most – namely, your face. Facial hair removal CAN be painful but with the right product, such as Veet Precision Wax & Care, it will be over in a flash.
- Feel the added benefit of waxing without shaving in between so your skin feels softer for longer. If the thought of that leaves you feeling cold then remember shaving can cause ingrown hairs and your skin can dry out, plus you risk nicks and cuts!
- If you’re planning a quick getaway, plan to do your bikini line a few days in advance. After waxing, prevent ingrown hairs by putting something cold on the area to close pores as quickly as possible.
- As your body hair grows at various different rates, maintaining a regular wax will ensure the hairs are conditioned to keep growing at the same time. Also, waxing weakens the roots so when hair removal is back on the agenda, it won’t be as painful!
Whilst many people end up shaving in between waxes, there really is no need to do that because there are plenty of options to keep the waxing process as inconvenient as possible. By waxing at the required intervals, the dream of having smooth legs all the time can be achieved!
The main thing to remember is you need to keep your skin moisturised in order to protect it from the elements and keep it healthy. Always wash in lukewarm water and moisturise immediately afterwards and before you go to bed. And always patch test 24 hours before you wax.
Another useful tip is to protect your skin against adverse temperatures. If you are outside, wrap up warm and wear tights if your legs become particularly dry. Also, when you have the heating on in the house, put out a bowl of water to humidify the air.