For many of us, summer means looking forward to relaxing by the pool or a holiday on the beach, but it does not have to be the only time you consider tidying up your bikini line.
If you prefer to have a neat bikini line then being caught out with an untidy one might be your worst nightmare, but thanks to Veet you can always look your best.
Feel confident and prepared by choosing a product from the Veet range – whether you want fast results when you’re pressed for time, or long-lasting hair removal that keeps your bikini area smooth for up to 28 days. At least you know your bikini line will be preened, smooth and hair free.
Of course, you could book yourself into the salon for a beautician to sort it out for you, but you may be surprised how easy it is to achieve perfect results yourself, all in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
How to Remove Your Bikini Hair
You can use Veet hair removal creams around your bikini line, but take extra care not to make contact with your intimate areas. The Time needed for our hair removal creams varies depending on the product variant. Cream for normal and dry skin takes 3 - 6 minutes to work, while our cream for sensitive skins take 5 - 10 minutes.
Before using, read the precautions carefully and patch-test on a small area of your skin which you wish to treat. Follow all the instructions on the leaflet and if there is not an adverse reaction within 24 hours you can continue to use the product
Wax strips are probably one of the easiest methods you could opt for to achieve the desired effect at home as they are ready to use and you can cut them to size for more delicate areas to make waxing easier. Wax strips can also easily help you achieve different styles of bikini lines; please read this article if this is of interest to you.
The Veet EasyWax™ Electrical Roll-On Kit
This roll-on kit is specially developed to give you beautifully smooth results at home. Its small refill head is designed for precise and hard to reach areas like underarms and bikini line, while its larger refill head covers large surfaces such as legs.
Understandably, some people prefer not to wax or use depilatory creams. If you are one of them, but still wish to have a neat bikini line, you might want to think about the Sensitive Precision™ Beauty Styler for a quick and gentle way to shape and neaten up your bikini area. For more information on how the Beauty Styler works, have a look at this easy step by step infographic.
Preparing For a Bikini Wax At Home
Before you start, it is advised to make sure your hair is at least 1.5 mm long – if not, the wax might not be able to grab the hair properly. 24 hours before waxing, use a mild exfoliator to clean any dirt or dead skin and patch-test a small area of your skin which you wish to treat. Follow all the instructions on the leaflet and if there is not an adverse reaction you can continue to use the product.
Right before waxing, have a shower and then be sure your skin is dry. It can also be a good idea to apply some baby powder on the skin so the wax attaches to the hair. This will help to soak up any moisture or oils on the skin.
The Waxing Process
Although removing hair from your bikini area is both quick and easy with Veet, as this is a sensitive area, it is best to follow our handy tips to ensure you get the best results.
- Find somewhere comfortable to do your waxing. You could try laying a towel on the floor or on your bed to protect from any potential mess. One technique is to sit on the floor with your knees slightly bent and your legs turned outward. Your first bikini wax can be a little tricky so keep a mirror on hand to help with those hard to see areas.
- With Veet Easy-GelWax wax strips, there is no need to rub them between your hands anymore. Apply the strip on the area of hair of your choice your skin rub it several times in the direction of hair growth to make sure the wax adheres well. Hold your skin taut and grab the tab with the other hand. Pull the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth as quickly as you can and close to the skin rather than away from it.
- After waxing, you can wipe the area over with one of the finishing wipes that comes with the Veet’s Easy-GelWax Cold Wax Strips.
- For a little extra pampering, you could apply oil or cream with no perfume to help soothe the skin.
- To maintain beautifully smooth skin and avoid irritation, in the following 24 hours after hair removal, do not use scented products, nor go swimming, have a sunbath or use a tanning bed.
If you want more guidance around waxing after-care have a look at ‘Are there things one should do or avoid after a wax? ’
For any Veet products used, please read carefully the instructions on the pack and leaflet.
*DISCLAIMER: Veet wax products are not suitable for areas around the anus and genitals. For French, Brazilian and Hollywood styles, please do not attempt to use Veet products on these areas, and seek help at a professional salon.